Monday, January 7, 2013

Is Allah happy with me?


One of the great zuhhaad (ascetics) was looking for the answer to this question. How am I supposed to know if Allah is happy with me or not? How do I know where I stand?

You and I have to take a good look at how we spend our day. What does Allah have us do in 24 hours? That should be a pretty good indication as to where we stand with Allah.

If Allah has opened the door for us to earn good deeds, to build, build, and build our real estates in Jannah on a daily basis.. If He is giving us the opportunity to do good to our parents, to pray salah in the masjid, to learn, teach, and share this deen… If there are things that we are doing on a daily basis and we know for a fact that they make Allah happy, that in and of itself should give us hope. It’s not a guarantee that Allah is happy with us, but at least Allah is not surrounding us with things that displease Him. At least we are in a company, environment that we know is pleasing to Him. The guarantee will come on Judgment Day.



Nouman Ali Khan



No comments:

Post a Comment