Thursday, November 8, 2012

I entered the mosque of Damascus, where I saw a young man who had a bright smile, and I saw the people gathered around him. When they disagreed on some matter, they referred it
 to him, and accepted his opinion. I asked who he was, and they told me, ‘This is Mu’adh Ibn Jabal رضي الله عنه . ‘ Early the next day, I went to the mosque but I found that he had arrived earlier than me. He was praying, so I waited until he had finished, then I approached him from in front, greeted him and said, ‘By Allah, I love you.’ He asked,’ For the sake of Allah?’ I said,’ For the sake of Allah.’ He repeated the question, ’For the sake of Allah?’ And I said,’ For the sake of Allah.’ So he took hold of my collar, pulled me towards him and said, ‘I have good news for you. I heard the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم say:

“Allah says: ‘My love is granted to those who love one another for My sake, who visit one another for My sake, and who spend on one another for My sake.’”



Abu Idris al-Khawlani [Muwatta Malik]

No comments:

Post a Comment